30 August 2009

and the handset drops

My sister will not talk to me. She is "taking this weekend for herself," as she has taken the past several years to herself. She has a high level of interpersonal stress and a low level of interpersonal sensitivity. I feel as though I have done something horrible to her, i.e. killed her pet hamster, dumped pig's blood on her at her grade eight dance, pointed and laughed while she was sexually abused. That is how I feel when I talk to her, that I should fuck off and die so that she can finally take a breath.

She hasn't really spoken to me since she came home from the hospital, aged 17, and screamed obscenities blaming me for everything that hurt her until I left again months later. Did my parents ever intervene to say this was wrong and irrational? No.

No comments: