12 November 2009

ziprasidone research.

rat test subjects didn't get cancer, unlike the mice tested (pituitary adenoma and carcinoma, mammary gland adenocarcinoma, showing dose related effect at (0.1 to 0.6 and 1 to 5 times the maximum recommended human dose [MRHD] ). also,

In animal studies ziprasidone demonstrated developmental toxicity, including possible teratogenic effects at doses similar to human therapeutic doses. ...

In rats, embryofetal toxicity (decreased fetal weights, delayed skeletal ossification) was observed following administration of 10 to 160 mg/kg/day (0.5 to 8 times the MRHD on a mg/m2 basis) during organogenesis or throughout gestation, but there was no evidence of teratogenicity. Doses of 40 and 160 mg/kg/day (2 and 8 times the MRHD on a mg/m2 basis) were associated with maternal toxicity. The developmental no-effect dose was 5 mg/kg/day (0.2 times the MRHD on a mg/m2 basis).

There was an increase in the number of pups born dead and a decrease in postnatal survival through the first 4 days of lactation among the offspring of female rats treated during gestation and lactation with doses of 10 mg/kg/day (0.5 times the MRHD on a mg/m2 basis) or greater. Offspring developmental delays and neurobehavioral functional impairment were observed at doses of 5 mg/kg/day (0.2 times the MRHD on a mg/m2 basis) or greater. A no-effect level was not established for these effects."

lucky for me i only needed to know to get some potassium and magnesium in case my non-anxious chest pain was related to QT-prolongation and I am about to have a heart attack and die.

I am surprised they tested with such low doses.

6 comments:

Mad Bird said...

That doesn't sound fun. Be safe.

Mad Bird said...

How do you just get body dismorphia? Is it from what you're being treated for? Like, was it transient, and then it went away? I'm not body dismorphic, though. I really am fat. It's not that I'm a normal-sized person who just looks in the mirror and sees fat that isn't there. I look in the mirror and see fat that IS there. When I lose weight, I notice. But I also notice all the fat I have yet to lose. So even though my psych says things such as body dysmorphic disorder, that's not my issue. I need to lose some blubber is what I'm trying to tell him. *sigh*

Thank you, for the comments. I love Dr. Suess, when he gets a little more serious. I like the books he writes for adults. They have rather deep meanings. I'd like to collect them one day. And James Dean and T.S. Eliot (God, T.S. Eliot is DEEEEP!).

Soren Lorensen said...

I forbid you to die of a heart attack


bananas have potassium in

wrenna said...

thank you both for putting up with this frightening interlude. i feel i should say it really helps prevent runaway anxiety to be able to put these things out there and then have kind relatively normal comments.

i googled and determined that my diet is normally good for these vitamins, as was my dinner, took a vitamin and started to feel more normal. then i lay in bed listening to my heart valves. who knows what it was. maybe i am scared to be feeling more like my old self.

mad bird, i started deciding that i looked fat when by any measure i'm not. it's one of those things that returns. i think it is a cruel effect of the mind and possibly evolution. i like our mixed flock and am sorry i can't always be there.

Mad Bird said...

Love to you, too, Wrenna.

Mad Bird said...

Sorry feel fat. I hope you realize you're not.