20 April 2010

i've started applying myself whence cooking again and am pro pan sauces. you dredge chicken cutlets in flour, fry them, and then you fry capers with lemon and parsley and put them on top. serve with baked yams and wilted chard. or you fry the chicken, and then deglaze the pan with wine or chicken stock, add 1/2 cup of cream, two teaspoons of dijon, and a tablespoon of chopped tarragon and stir while it comes together. or you wrap your chicken in prociutto and sage leaves, fry it, take it out of the pan, and then make a sauce by adding a teaspoon of flour to the oil in the pan, stirring to coat, and then adding a cup of chicken stock to reduce with more chopped sage leaves. serve with roasted new potatoes and steamed beans. very elegant and Roman. there has been a lot of chicken.

6 comments:

Factory Supervisor said...

Hey Wrenna! - I'm absolutely well & dandy fine, also, I'm coming round to yours for dinner.

wrenna said...

yippee! bring hard liquor.

Factory Supervisor said...

My dear darling Wrenna, I never leave the house without hard liquor!
What do you think I keep under my hat?

wrenna said...

oh thank god.

Thesundaygap said...

You can do pork chops in the Dijon style, using strongbow to deglaze the pan, seed mustard and finally cream. Sooo good tossed with a bit of gnocchi as a saucy side. Coutesy of my brother the wonderchef.

wrenna said...

sounds good sunday, you and your brother are invited too.