31 July 2010

when I was a child of about ten I helped my little sister, who longed for a cat, by writing little notes for our parents petitioning her cause. I myself did not have any strong feelings about cats, I wanted a pet pig (which was trending at the time) but recognized my ideal in animal companionship to be a bit odd, and it was like, we were already getting made fun of around the neighbourhood for our rusted out car. so I wrote our little petitioning notes and my parents must have known our hearts were true because when I was upset and didn't feel heard I would also leave them little notes about my feelings.

4 comments:

thesundaygap said...

so sweet.

wrenna said...

Thank you. My sister is afraid to speak to me now but there was a time I would plan scavenger hunts and cat procurement for her.

thesundaygap said...

It would be difficult to watch someone you grew up relying on go through such dramatic shifts in perspectives as you've described. I hope you two will figure out a relationship that works.

Factory Supervisor said...

what a beautiful story/memory.

i also hope you figure things with your sister.