12 November 2010

I would like to ask your opinion on the scarf I am wearing but blogger informs me I do not have the license to my photo. The scarf is rust coloured interrupted by a narrow orange stripe with black stripes and black checked stripes on either side. Orange is my favourite color and this scarf makes me think of modern art influenced by world art in a moment of optimistic possibility. The thing is, my face is very Heinz 57. I think I may not look ethnic enough to pull bold off. I look like photos of my grandparents' parents, who were Irish and Scottish mixed with Alsatian, which is to say, they look like the poor white faces of boys who fought in World War I; unfortunate heirs to imperialism. Long-nosed. What's a girl to do with a generically old-fashioned face?

5 comments:

Thesundaygap said...

Email a photo! I think you are anything but generic looking (old fashioned or otherwise). You look elven and etherial and delicate, like a bird. I picture you in a big bulky scarf and a pea coat and I want to draw it. If I were any good at drawing faces, I would.
(apologies for the hour and the rosy glow to my words. Still, all true.)

wrenna said...

Thank you for the rosy words. I have e-mailed you documentation and will just sit here blushing now.

Factory Supervisor said...

would you email it to the factory as well?
i am curious to see your rust coloured scarf and also your generic old fashioned/if somewhat elvin & etherial self...

wrenna said...

you'll be disappointed...

Megan Chapman said...

orange is my favorite color too.. And I bet you can pull it off. Old fashioned faces are the best faces.
and if they get a picture, I want one too damn it!! : )