26 December 2010

The grocery store is still closed and I have run out of antipsychotic, the only antipsychotic that does not come in tablet form. By three pm I feel vomitous. I rummage and come up with 80mg capsules, twice too much now that I take a divided dose. I open one up in the kitchen and start dividing the powder in half with a bench scraper. "Are you going to snort that?" my sister asks. "The delivery system would be too fast," I reply, "I'm going to sprinkle it on stewed plums." "It will still metabolize faster," she says, "try taking half." Sound advice. Five minutes later she was completely crazy again.

6 comments:

Boris Kane said...

didnt know they sold antipsychotics at the grocery store

wrenna said...

the pharmacy is a hostage of the grocery store.

Factory Supervisor said...

Plums? ughh? dirty.

wrenna said...

Italian prune plums with sugar and star anise. Not so bad.

Soren Lorensen said...

thank you for your honesty here and your moments of normality

wrenna said...

thank you for being here.