03 November 2011

dude! McArthur Fellow, New School professor, and friend of Art Spiegelman, Ben Katchor has responded to my e-mail asking him what he would like for a nice dinner out. He is the author of the funny and odd book, The Cardboard Valise, which I am in charge of presenting to the class as seminar leader. My prof asked the dinner question as a joke on the syllabus. Mr Katchor says, "El Malecon Restaurant, at Amsterdam Ave. and 97th St. in Manhattan. I'd order a rotisserie chicken, white rice with black beans, sweet plantains and red wine." Sounds delicious!

4 comments:

Boris Kane said...

Plantains rock! So to does rotisserie chicken, white rice, and red wine; not such a fan of black beans.

wrenna said...

I'm all about the beans! Thanks for sharing my brush with greatness.

Factory Supervisor said...

You need to specify the wine...

What a cool post :)

wrenna said...

Yeah, I guess he didn't want to sound snobbish, it's too bad.