30 January 2012

I went to the library today and picked up a book on my totem poles in intercultural perspective, which is my final research destination. Then I carried on to the public library to cruise a card catalogue for obits for my reverend historian story-collector, and to pick up cookbooks. I am very greedy when it comes to cookbooks and may have carried home a 1000 page behemoth for just one recipe for chickpea and almond soup, when what had got me started in that direction was the memory of a tomato salad with thyme I can't even make this time of year. My load on the way home was very heavy, as I was carrying with me my computer for some early morning translation, and another big book that proved to be of no use. Now I have a lot of translation to do having unburdened myself reading news for two hours.

No comments: