21 January 2012

My cat was so excited the snow had melted this morning he decided he had to go for a walk right away, as in, throw a coat on over those pj's ma, it's time for some action. It was wet but he made a go of it. Then he followed me around meowing, so we played ball a bit. My cat has a bit of a belly, which my father and my nurse make fun of, but finding a lower calorie food that is healthy and agrees with him is no simple matter. He is now curled up sleeping next to my books. Good kitty.

2 comments:

Oscar said...

This sounds very pleasant. How much snow did you get this year? Was it a quick dissolution or prolonged? I thought cats vehemently hated any amount of water aside from drinking? Playing catchup :)

wrenna said...

It was a dusting early in the week, followed by a couple centimeters over the coming days, and a rainy melt off come Friday. My cat will get his feet slightly wet on damp pavement, and occasionally plunges a paw into the fish bowl, but a walk requiring wet feet is not his preferred situation. It was cold enough that his paws were probably not melting the snow - he doesn't like the cold even more than he doesn't like the wet.