07 January 2012

My old boyfriend thought I called the cops on him because I secretly wanted him found out for drug use. That's bullshit. I didn't tell the cops on him or his girlfriend, who was a med student doing opium with him and could have met with severe repercussions. He used to brag about how he'd talk to the cops when they showed up at his parties where he was using drugs; I thought he was potentially reckless and suicidal because I was paranoid and could talk himself out of any unwanted attention. My paranoid is not like what happens when you use drugs, which he thought allowed him to empathize. Of course dealing with me was too stressful, but the rest of it was lies. Why can I not get over this? I should consider him not a friend worth having, but here I am, telling the internets, to avoid drunken e-mailing.

4 comments:

Factory Supervisor said...

Many things are not worth having.. but they still exist regardless..
Better to vent spleen & scorn in an indirect public than personal manor..
By publishing this post you are over this.

wrenna said...

You are wonderful, and a much better friend than he.

Factory Supervisor said...

Thankyou, but I am far from wonderful, realistic, detached, drunk.. but still hopefully your friend.

wrenna said...

I was slightly drunk as well, grateful for you viewing with detachment what some might see as an unforgivable flaw, and also, hopefully, your friend.