04 June 2012

I am applying for a volunteer job researching anthropological artifacts from obscure parts of the world. I had a panic attack about this, but the professor for whom I am writing the paper is supportive. She is very good at applying for things, so I immediately felt better when she agreed to be a reference. My former supervisor at the other museum also agreed to be a reference, which is great, because the last person I volunteered with didn't like me as much. Now I have to beat a whole bunch of people who want to be anthropologists! The process so far has been very stressful. I am not feeling so hot.

3 comments:

Boris Kane said...

Oh man, break a leg! This sounds fun.

lostgander said...

Wow, you are all over the academic map. It does sound like an interesting job. Would you be traveling to research these artifacts? Or just haunting the bowels of a museum somewhere...

wrenna said...

Thank you Boris!

Lost Gander, I think I would be haunting the beautifully digitized collections of the museum and university library... the second largest collection in the country... though I am a fiend for inter-library loans. I have an interest in museums, amateurs, curiosity and intellectual communities so it still fits within my universe of interests. I also took a class on the sensory history of imperial China...