08 June 2012

Thesis microfiche order 2.0 has arrived! Will be off to collect it tomorrow. Today is all about Nuuchahnulth worldview in the context of indigenous epistemologies worldwide, first because the last time I worked at a museum I corresponded with the author and he told me he wanted his rattles back (they were not repatriated and sadly sit on a shelf), second because I figured I needed a primer on indigenous studies in preparation for my interview on Monday, and third because I am trying to understand the context in which Kwakwaka'waka stories were told to my research subject Amy Campbell Johnston for that old project which is on hold. Stories are not my thing, philosophy is my thing, and if I can approximate the tacit content of her experience by making a connection of my own maybe it will help.

No comments: