04 July 2012

I felt very disciplined working at the library today. I made notes from a book that had to be returned, and that may only act as guideposts for further research for the project on Kwakwaka'waka totem poles that I've put on hold. At lunch I headed out to buy lettuces from stands set up by the university farm and encountered a drain on the second floor above ground level splashing water up into the bathroom. Loudly. I left and puzzled over whether or not Roland Barthes' The Pleasure of the Text fits into my reading of Anne Carson's treatise on love. I felt ill from drinking an actual real latte in the morning. Oh the pain I suffer for the deliciouness of a perfectly made cup of coffee. Pleasure requires an edge, Barthes says, and Carson titles several key sections with edges. I think that's all.

No comments: