12 August 2012

Metta's tea is called xian cau ca. It translates to something like "thearch-ess grass tea." Of course he knows pinyin, he knows everything, including antiquated eastern systems of Chinese notation.

He saw me off with a Haagen Dazs bar (fancy ice cream being the way to my heart); sticky rice, peanuts and mushrooms wrapped up in a banana leaf; a Taiwanese herbal headache remedy; and a little extra money ("so you can buy some sweets"). Just because he is extra generous. I gave him a hug and promised to e-mail.

4 comments:

lostgander said...

I looked it up and found the herb is the perennial Prunella vulgaris. One website said the tea is recommended for those who "always feel frustrated." Good for "purging fire" and lowering blood pressure.

wrenna said...

You are awesome!

lostgander said...

Having just drank a cup, I can say that my fire feels more or less purged, although it being a Monday there were really only a few lonely glowing embers to put out.

wrenna said...

It used to make me sleepy. I may need to purge some fire later on today when I get to writing so will keep the tea in mind.