24 August 2012

My parents were very excited that I finished my paper. We opened a bottle of champagne and drank it way past my bedtime. My mom took me out to eat fancy little cakes today. My professor wrote me the nicest e-mail, beginning with congratulations in capital letters and then telling me I am a talented writer and hoping that this will be the beginning of a future filled with many papers. She will have my eternal gratitude, impatient academic overachiever that she is, for having the empathetic imagination to be patient with me while nursing me through two years of writing troubles, from not being able to finish a paper to writing a twenty page paper.

3 comments:

lostgander said...

Thanks for sending it! I plan to read it this weekend and will send you my thoughts.

Boris Kane said...

WOOOO

wrenna said...

I look forward to hearing from you Mr Gander.

ALL CAPS! THANK YOU BORIS.