07 September 2012

I can see why Darwin was bored with his life. I am bored just reading about his privileged and dissolute university years. I correlate this boredom with why I could never study English. Perhaps I was raised too Catholic (although I rebelled soon after my confirmation, refusing to go to confession, and shortly thereafter attending synchronized swimming practices instead of Sunday morning church services and folding my hands in politeness instead of praying at meals) to identify pleasantly with a Protestant nation? I am only forty pages in.

3 comments:

awildslimalien said...

That was a neat piece of synchronisation on your part. I think I shouted at my mother, which was a much less gracious way of terminating my relationship with organised religion.

lostgander said...

You both were bolder than me. I suffered smoldering through it all until I left for university. After that I shrugged it off like an old dried out husk.

wrenna said...

I am in good company!