05 September 2012

The reality of my workload is hitting me. Gone is the promise of a perfect, well-paying, resumé enhancing, experience providing job. My Darwin (Darwin? Would normally bore me) professor is an enthusiastic, organized of thought, philosopher who is grey but wears Vans skateboarding shoes. The downside is the class runs to 9 and my bedtime is normally 8:30, so I don't get to bed until after ten and can't sleep well then, and had to take a nap this afternoon. Sighting academic doldrums I am trying to decide whether I will go for a minor in philosophy to keep the challenge up, although philosophy classes with 75 students may just be academic doldrums. I will have more data after metaphysics tomorrow. So far my notes are organizing well on paper, which means my brain is in pretty good shape.

4 comments:

lostgander said...

Wait, so you can't get a job now because your class workload is too much? Bummer. Night classes are the worst, too. I always tried to avoid them. How is the weather? We are suffering under a last push of heat and humidity before autumn. As a result my mood has plummeted to the far depths of Hades.

wrenna said...

No no, I didn't get the job so my workload is looking more odiously boring. I would avoid the class if there were other better options, but that is about as inspiring as they are willing to go for undergraduates. Gah. When the dust settles after the add-drop deadline I will begin looking at library school applications.

The weather is sunny and about as warm as it gets here; I am wearing jeans and a sleeveless blouse.

lostgander said...

Maybe this will cheer you up: http://youtu.be/NBMiNSRgkTA

wrenna said...

Or there's this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0nFe6VWHJQ&NR=1&feature=endscreen
(I've been missing Cisco)