30 October 2012

5:15 pm. I have eaten my dinner, whole wheat pasta and soybeans dressed up a little, cold, and am waiting for my evening class to start. Both my readings ended up taking forever and I finished neither. This morning I learned that German classicism was all about disappointed emotions in the face of political realities. On the phone with a nurse I tried to trace my own emotions into something legible but the words to do so are absent from my consciousness. The leaves on the trees are brightly coloured and contrasting here at school when they are not brown and pulpy underfoot. The views are all blocked by fences.

4 comments:

lostgander said...

Are you being metaphorical in the last sentence, or literal?

wrenna said...

Literal. The entire campus is a construction site.

lostgander said...

What is it about universities and their habits of constant construction? Always growing, never content to rest.

wrenna said...

I didn't realize other universities were like this. The propensity for growth has unpleasant tuition-doubling tendencies.