15 October 2012

C., the girl with the purple red hair from my seventeenth century philosophy class, asked me about my comment from the beginning of term about people having varying degrees of insight into their psychosis. It turns out she has bipolar disorder and has been psychotic. She would like to talk about our experiences and I would like that too. She listens only to rock music from the 60s and 70s which she was introduced on a wind-up record player when her parents moved with her to a cabin in the woods with no power in Maine. She thinks Descartes' writing is beautiful. She is a magical person.

6 comments:

lostgander said...

Sounds like you two will get along nicely!

wrenna said...

I hope so.

lostgander said...

You sound skeptical. Or rather your reply reads as skeptical.

wrenna said...

I hope I don't get rejected. I have had trouble making friends all of my life. I haven't even had any close friends since I got sick.

lostgander said...

Hey, email me your postal address. I am going to send you something.

wrenna said...

I have e-mailed you, mysterious one.