27 October 2012

On Friday as I was dealing with an endless pile of crap at the archives I made the decision to quit and have an extra day to spend catching up on my writing every week. It felt like an especially sound idea when said pile of crap took half an hour longer than my workday (my dad was waiting for me) to finish labeling with its shelf number along the fold of its folder and checking the ultra slow database to find out whether it had been identified and then finding out at the last minute that two things for which larger folders had been needed were now millimeters to large to fit on the shelf in a flat position. I let the curve ever so unsightly. This all seemed like a good plan until today, which was set aside for writing but largely spent browsing online shops for dresses and lingerie (two things I only really wear for holidays) in the morning, and having panic attacks and feeling crappy in the afternoon.

5 comments:

lostgander said...

Sounds like a sound decision.

But lingerie...for the holidays?

wrenna said...

To quit?

I like to be dressed up from my underpinnings to my outer layers. Plus it would be a shame to wear my pretty underthings out, so I don't wear them too often.

lostgander said...

Yes, to quit.

wrenna said...

I think not having a crush of work to do on Saturdays might do me good. Thank you for the outside perspective.

lostgander said...

Anytime.