09 January 2013

My next appointment with my psychiatrist isn't for seven weeks, more than twice as long as I would normally go between appointments. My medication is a problem. I've shifted the dosing, although it still has to be taken with food, so I can only do so much. Instead of spreading out the dose and having anxiety over a longer period of time I am now taking one big dose which causes something that leaves me feeling breathless. I can stay up later but the medication still takes its time moving through my system, making it more difficult to wake up. On the positive side, the second antipsychotic that I've been taking has now reached a steady state in my body so I can drink coffee and tea without getting jittery. You wouldn't think that was much but it's something. I've done all I can do, now comes the waiting.

No comments: