04 February 2013

So I read up on effects of chocolate on neurotransmitters, trying to figure out what is going on in my brain. Turns out chocolate mostly boosts levels of serotonin in the brain, which can lead to feelings of satiety. Considering my low mood and difficulty concentrating as well, it is probable that something is fucked up leading to lower than usual levels of serotonin. I suspect that the small decrease in my old medication along with the increase in my new medication will not fix this problem.

4 comments:

lostgander said...

Better get some of that special prescription chocolate, said the one.

wrenna said...

But the One and the Other went completely insane.

lostgander said...

Oops. I forgot about that. We're not really sure, though. They could be fully in possession of their faculties again. The chocolate may have had a delayed effect.

wrenna said...

I'm self-medicating with extra antidepressant and having a panic attack at all the work I didn't get done while I was depressed.