06 May 2013

Yesterday my cat was doing a good job at ignoring me. "Perhaps you are being a bit intense." Lying on the carpet staring at him. "I thought I was holding it together pretty well." Being an old soul my cat forgave me and slept on my bed while I rolled around, waking early, trying not to kick him. He moved over to curl up with me. His most recent thing is to lie half on my chest while I wake up. We did that. I opened a fresh bag of cat food. Later this morning we will go to the veterinarian.

6 comments:

lostgander said...

I'm hoping for the best!

wrenna said...

Thank you. I'm not quite sure what that would amount to...

lostgander said...

Maybe a poor choice of words. I guess the best would be benign...

wrenna said...

We're calling it that for now. My cat was so sweet. He hates traveling, and he hates the vet, but my mom put him so he could see me in the car and he meowed a lot less, and with less desperation. When he meowed while we were waiting in the vet's I sat on the floor where he could see me and he stopped.

lostgander said...

My cats used to cling to me when I brought them to the vet. They hated it, particularly the girl cat. Farley is funny because he's always so excited when we take him to the vet, like literally running to the door, but then he gets in there and hates it. You'd think he'd figure it out...he is an otherwise smart dog.

wrenna said...

I think my cat is worried I'm going to give him away. I won't say I don't think about it.

I could buy two healthy real Manx cats for what this surgery is going to cost me. Cats that wouldn't be in too much pain to play etc.

When I fell in love with him he was really sick and obviously needed someone. I was really sick too and he could cope with that. The vet, when he saw him, told me to take him back to the shelter and get another cat.